Friday, January 30, 2009

Sickness Update

Everyone is still sick. I FORCED Courtney to stay home yesterday. She needed to rest and she just wouldn't do it. She was so run down, she just never stops. So I used my parental control and forced her to stay home and spend the day in bed. While she is stil stuffy today and coughing a little bit, the rest seems to have helped her.

Brandon on the other hand got really sick again yesterday. He made it home just in time before he threw up. This continued for a few hours, then out it came from the other end. From 4pm yesterday until present, he's been going and I'm concerned about dehydrayion. It seems like with every sip of water, Gatorade or coke, a short time later he's running to the bathroom. My kids have never had anything like this before. He was given Zythromax on Monday for his sinus's. He had never been on that medication before so I checked the side effects. Everything he had was listed as the first side effects. But then again, he had baked ziti in school yesterday and Courtney told me that kids have gotten sick before from lunch room food. Then there's always the chance it could be a virus. I have no idea. I will be calling the pediatrician this morning to see if there's anything I can give him. If it's from the medication, the warning label says to NOT give an anti-diarrhea medication because it could cause further problems. Of course last night I didn't sleep much. I kept Brandon down on the couch so I could keep on eye on him.

In the middle of all this, as I was getting Mike into bed last night, I noticed that one of his toes was RED and oozing. Great, he probably has an infection in his toe. He's had infections in his big toes, but never one of the others. I just don't get why he keeps getting toe infections. I asked the doctor at one point to check his sugar level for fear that he may have diabetes, but the doctor always assures me that all his levels are OK.

I'm concerned about Mike and concerned that while I'm running up and down and staying awake each night caring for everyone else, that I will get sick. I am loading up on Vitamin C, washing my hands and sanitizing everything. All that's left to do is pray.

Oh, and today I will be at my job for 20 years. I can't believe how time flies........

1 comment:

Carl in NC said...

Praying that you have a more restful weekend and that the sickness passes soon!

Take care and God bless,

Carl