Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009 !!!!

Happy New Yeat to all. I pray that the New Year brings peace, good health and love to all.

As far as past years have gone for us, last year wasn't too bad. It didn't end well, but at the same time, it could have been worse. I am thankful for the love and support of my family and friends, my home, the good health of me and my children and all the new friends I made along the way on this Alzheimer's journey. I pray for all the Alzheimer patients that don't have family and friends to care for them and all the doctors, nurses, researchers and volunteers that do their best every day to make things better and give new hope to all Alzhiemer patients and their families. I pray that the new President will find it worthwhile to increase funding for research and support, for the millions of Americans and their families that struggle with this disease every day. I remain optimistic, that like polio, Alzheimer's will one day, be a disease of the past. So much research has been done and so many more advances have been made since Mike's mom was diagnosed back in 1985. I don't believe we're really close to a cure, but I KNOW we are steps ahead of where we were back then. When Mike's mom was diagnosed, there was no medicine at all to slow the progression and today there is. It is all the little steps that we can be thankful for, because I am convinced that one day, those little steps will lead to the GIANT STEP we need to find a cure.

The bracelet we received from the Alzheimer's Association on the Memory Walk states... A REASON TO HOPE. I wear it every day to remind me of that.

No comments: