Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Update

It was a busy weekend, as usual. Mike is stil the same. He eats his 2 meals a day. I have just now started to mix Ensure in with his morning breakfast so this way I KNOW he will get the vitamins and nutrients he needs. Dinner lately has been giving him a hard time. I'm not sure if it's because he's tired or maybe his aid rushes a little too much, but he coughs more with dinner. I am always telling her to stop once he starts coughing. I DO NOT want him to aspirate.

On Saturday Courtney and I put together a "wardrobe" for my clothes. Since my brother moved in last May, not only do I not have a room of my own (to escape), but I have no place for my clothes. They were always scattered here and there, on top of a nightstand (that I moved from my old room upstairs to our dining room), on the stairs etc. Well I saw a canvas wardrobe in a catalogue and it was delivered on Friday. We put it together and put all my clothes into their own place. It felt so good. I felt less like a vagabond.

On Sunday, Courtney and I went to the library so I could work on my "speech" for an upcoming Alzheimer's Conference that I was asked to speak at. LIAF (Long Island ALzheimer's Foundation) asked me last summer if I would like to address the issue of an Emergency Room visit with a loved one with ALzheimer's. They knew that unfortunately I had experience with this issue. Well time flies and the Conference is next Thursday. I had most of my notes down, I just had to put them in order. I think I addressed some much needed issues.

We ended the weekend with our usual "rock mass" at 6pm. As long as my brother is around to sit with Mike, the kids and I get to go each week to this mass. They actually have a rock band that plays modern and Chrisitan music. It was Mike's favorite mass, from the moment he heard the band play Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven.

1 comment:

Carl in NC said...

Howdy again! Glad that time your boss was away went fairly well after that one day. It's good that you get to go to church/worship with Courtney and Brandon. I pray that it is rejuvenating as you mentioned. Have a great week!

Take care and God bless,

Carl