Friday, January 9, 2009

Where is He Going?

Today is Friday and I've almost made it through three days of my boss's vacation. After today, five more to go. I continue to pray that everything at home remains "status quo".
Yesterday I was sitting next to Mike on the couch (he's in his Geri Chair). I weave my arm through his so that I can hold his hand. In the process, I felt something hard on his side and sadly, I realized it was his rib. I was taken back. I know he's lost weight, but I thought his back was the only place where that was evident. Iwas wrong. It's times like that when I just think, 'THIS IS NOT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE". It takes all the strength I have not to break down - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I try to stay strong for Mike and the kids, but I am only human. Where is the man I fell in love with and married, going?

No comments: