Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Stress

Today my boss left for a 10 day vacation. He's gone on smaller vacations throughout the year, but this is always his big one and he goes to the same place, at the same time (Aruba) every year. I work for a real estate attorney. It's only he and I that work together. We share office space with other attorneys, but we are the only 2 that work together. When he is away, it's up to ME to run the office. No pressure, right?!! This time, I guess for obvious reasons (Mike's decline), I'm more concerned than in years past. When I need to rely on other people to care for Mike, I worry that if they don't come in, I will need to stay home. If something happens with Mike, I will need to be here. To have the pressure of NEEDING to be at work in my boss's absence is ALOT for me to handle right now. I pray that, for the next week and a half at least, things stay "status quo". If there's one thing I don't need right now, it's more stress.

No comments: