Saturday, July 26, 2008

My week at a Glance

Well we just finished our first week without Nathan...and we survived. I can honestly say that we all really miss him. His friendship with Mike will never be replaced and we will ALWAYS be thankful that he was a part of our lives all these years.

Mary did well. She's very nurturing with Mike. In fact when I first asked her about staying with us and I told her why, she told me that "it's not Nathan's fault. It's because he's a man and he was never a mother". Of course, that made perfect sense. She takes her time with Mike and he seems to be doing well. He seems to respond well to her patience. I just need to get past the constant comments from Mary telling me how to care for Mike, and how things were done a certain way in "her Country" (Haiti). She has always been like this and I knew I would have to now deal with this on a daily basis, but I feel this was a small price to pay.

The kids finished their last week of working at camp. Next week they will begin their first week of doing "nothing" and this is usually where the fun begins. Courtney and Brandon each get on each other's nerves. At least tomorrow through Tues. Courtney's friend Emily who recently moved up state, will be staying with us. I'm happy for Courtney and glad that she will have time to be wit her friends. Brandon has been visiting his friend Jonathan who hurt his ankle and is unable to get around. I know he just hates going over there and playing video games all day (LOL).

My brother is sick, yet AGAIN, with CVS (cyclic vomiting symdrome) which he has now had about an every other week. This is the most he has had it for as long as I can remember. He will stay in his room for days just throwing up and not eating. He barely gets liquid into himself (in fact in the past he HAS had to go to the hospital for dehydration). It's a terrible illness which research says it's due to stress.

That's my week in a nutshell. I continue to pray that Mike remains stable so he can remain at home.

No comments: