Friday, July 18, 2008

A New Chapter

Today I spoke to Nathan and told him we are going in a different direction and wouldn't need his services. It was one of the hardest things I've had to do. I cried. He's been a part of our family for 4 1/2 years and has been a wonderful friend to Mike. He has been with us through some very diffficult times and it will be hard to imagine him not coming in on Monday morning. He helped care for the love of my life and I will always be grateful for him. I KNOW he cares deeply for Mike and I made sure he promised that he will come by and visit.

I pray that I have made the right decision. For now, it appears that I have. Mary has been taking her time with Mike and he's doing well. I have no idea what tomorrow will bring, but I can always be thankful for today.

Letting Nathan go is like losing a member of the family. It's affecting all of us and I just hope Mike is not too upset by it. I never know, what if anything, he's aware of. And so begins a new chapter of our lives.

No comments: