Sunday, July 6, 2008

Life goes on

Today wasn't Mike's best. Breakfast wasn't great, but this has been a pattern and I was expecting that. He seemed to be enjoying his lunch, but we were interrupted by him being transported for a chest x-ray. We tried to postpone it, but I was told it would have been in the middle of the night and I didn't want to NOT be there to go with Mike -AND- I also didn't want him awakened for that. So instead, he never got to finish his lunch. When we got back to the room, he had his respiratory treatment, so he never got to fisnish his lunch. For some reason, he wasn't into dinner either. He ate, just not alot. He had a much better day yesterday. My concern, as always, is that I'm not sure he eats enough to sustain himself once he gets home.

Courtney did get to go out for a little with her friends this afternoon, and for that I was thankful. As is usual for her when Mike is in the hospital, she tends to be glued to my side all weekend while I'm there, against my better judgment. She agreed to spend the afternoon with her friends and that was good.

My brother and Brandon got our TV out of the storage unit and I am pleased to say that our old TV is now up and running. My brother's 52" TV is on our backyard lawn. H doesn't have the money to get it checked out, so he will probably "junk it". I didn't realize it was about 10 years old.

We still have the leak in our sideyard faucet and I can't imagine what our water bill will be like. The dryer still doesn't work and I still have the pain in my side. On a lighter note, we are all very blessed with so many things in our lives and I vowed to try harder not to dwell on the negative. In Brandon's words of wisdom, "no matter what happens mom, we will be OK". Amen.

No comments: