Monday, June 16, 2008

Update

In the ER yesterday I noticed that Mike would flinch each time I touched his left foot. I mentioned it to the Resident and she suggested that they take a sonogram to check for blot clots. Lo and behold, Mike has multiple blot clots in BOTH legs. So on top of dealing with the pneumonia, he has the pain of the blood clots. I can't stress enough how bad I feel for him. It seems to be one thing after another.

Today he was also shaking ALOT. I requested they call his neurologist because I was concerned he may have another "S". When he was in for the UTI they had to add another medication because between the fever and infection, it had a negative affect on the anti-"S" medication. While I don't want him to be sedated, I also don't want him to have another S". He was allowed to have liquids today and he did well. As usual, they were concerned that he would aspirate.

Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: