Sunday, June 15, 2008

He's got pneumonia

We had to bring Mike back to the hospital last night. The week seemed to be going well, but yesterday, he was not himself. Around 8pm last night, he started breathing heavy and he had a low grade fever. My first thought was that the UTI came back. Courtney was concerned because he sounded like he did when his lung collapsed. We called an ambulance and we were on our way. By the time he got to the hospital, his fever was 104.1 and he was coughing. It seemed to come from nowhere. Of course, his chest x-ray showed something in his "lower left lung", the same spot that always shows a concern. But this time, they also saw something on the right side. He is really out of it, as expected.

I have no idea where this will all lead, but this "Energizer Bunny" of ours is a fighter. My heart breaks when I think of all that Mike has gone through throughout these years. There is ALWAYS someone by his side letting him know that he is not alone.

Courtney and I were up for 24 hours straight. My mom and Walter got up there around 7am to relieve us so that we could go home and sleep a while. We each got about 4 hours - not bad for 24 hour period :( I came home to take a shower, update this blog, make some calls and then I will be on my way back to the hospital.

As always, please send your prayers. Thank you.

1 comment:

Carl in NC said...

We will pray for Mike's recovery and for strength for you, Courtney and Nathan. Remember to take care of yourselves too, although I know it is hard. : - )

Take care and God bless,

Carl in NC