Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Not Home Yet

Sooooooooooooo, Mike is still in the hospital.

He was kept in yesterday because they had been waiting for the dermatologist to check the rash on his back. The doctor confirmed that it was in fact heat rash and gave me the required prescriptions of lotions. It still looks horrible, but we're taking more care in making sure his room REMAINS cool and that there's more sheets between him and the vinyl hospital mattress.

This morning something was done with his toe. I am hoping a podiatrist came in because as of last night, the nurse had absolutely no paperwork indicating that a podiatrist had looked at his toe. When I showed her that looked like someone had drained it, she said "it probably just opened up on it's own". All the more reason why I want a podiatrist to check it out. When Nathan got there this morning, he said it was bandaged up and it would only be coming off tomorrow. When I get there today (around 3:30) I will have to investigate as to what transpired.

While we are disappointed that Mike is not home, I am thankful that all this is being addressed while he's in the hospital, rather than having to run him to a doctor after he's home, or worse yet, back to the hospital. Everything happens for a reason, no matter how small or insignificant it seems.

No comments: