Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter !!!

Happy and Blessed Easter to all our family and friends.

Good Friday proved to be a very special and moving experience for me. Courtney and I went to the "Rock Stations of the Cross" at our church on Fri. evening. They had a parishoner play Jesus, townspeople and soldiers. They re-enacted the crucifixion, even lifting Jesus up on the cross. All this was done with modern day traditional music done by our parish's rock bank. My most favorite song, "You Raise Me Up" was played when they lifted Jesus up on the cross. Then after all the stations were read, all the lights went out in the church and the Italian community carried in "Jesus" on a board with lights along each side. The band began playing Hosanah. It gave me the chills.

Today Mary (Mike's aide) is here and that allowed the children and I to go the the 11:30 mass. It was crowded as usual, but I was happy to be there. Although Courtney didn't get to the sunrise mass, she was pleased with this opportunity. Because of our aide situation and Mike's illness, this was the first Easter Mass I was able to get to in 6 years.

Now, my only concern is that Mike started coughing yesterday. For about an hour, he sneezed and coughed. He slept OK last night, but of course, I'm concerned. As he was getting ready for his nap a short time ago, he started coughing again. I pray he's not getting sick.

Once again.....HAPPY EASTER!!

No comments: