Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Another Test

Well, I found out yesterday that Nathan will be out "indefinately". He hasn't called me back, so I'm not sure what exactly is wrong, but the agency called me to give me the wonderful news. Nathan has been with Mike for 3 years, need I say anything else. My concern is that, this is it. Once the back goes, it can so easily go out again. I fear that Nathan will not be coming back.

Of course, his agency couldn't find anyone to replace him, so we had to turn to the weekend aide. Fortunately, she lost her weekday job about 3 weeks ago, so she was available during the week for Mike. I just don't know now whether I will still have her on the weekends. Also, Nathan worked longer hours and I didn't have much to do during the day with Mike. Now, it will be up to me to get Mike washed, dressed and up for the day and I will also have to give him dinner at night (The aide has to leave at 5pm to go to night school).

My whole world has been turned upside down right now and I am trying desperately to keep the faith and think positive. For now, I am just OVERWHELMED.

No comments: