Monday, October 26, 2009

Memory Walk NYC 2009

As promised here are a few pictures from the Memory Walk in NYC on Sunday October 25, 2009.

(Below) I was happy that I got the chance to meet David Hyde Pierce (TV and Broadway actor). He has been working with the Alzheimer's Association for YEARS in trying to raise awraeness. He was extremely nice.

(Above) One of the volunteers offered to take our picture by the balloon arch. As we moved under it, it started to attack us.

Lastly, they had a 3 sided wall for all those who wanted to write something in honor/memory of their loved one. Another kind volunteer took a picture of Courtney and I in front of the area we wrote on.

4 comments:

karen said...

Great pictures. Did you get his autograph?

Karen said...

Of course not, that would have made sense. I was just so happy to have met him.

Unknown said...

Ms Henley,

Ive read your blog and posts several times. I also read your family's story in newsday several sundays ago and was moved to tears.

But I know thats not what you and your family want. You want strength and hopefully a cure in your lifetimes for this horrible,rotten illness they call alzheimers.

I trust that you have been able to get ahold of another computer. I have an ancient PC in the garage;so ancient that it runs windows me ( it probably belongs in a museum).

Im also in nassau-about 20 minutes away from you.

At my temple,each friday nite there's a blessing/prayer for those who are ill,infirm,etc.Ill make sure to mention your husband's name.

Stay strong,and keep blogging away.

MB

Karen said...

Seth -

Thank you SO MUCH for your prayers and support. It means the world to us. Gos Bless-