Saturday, November 1, 2008

Why am I so tired.......

Let me think......

Last night I had to pick Brandon up at 10:30 from his friend's house (Courtney got in about 9:30). I was so tired after a hectic day, so I went straight to bed (11:00 p.m.) At about 2am Gizmo started making a strange noise, almost like he was having problems breathing. I took him out into the living room (I didn't want him to wake Mike) and rubbed his neck and calmed him down. I was back in bed by 3am. My brother got up to go fishing around 4am and I heard him go out. I got up at 5:30 and decided to get sleep the rest of the time on the couch (rather than bothering Mike by climbing in and out of bed). Courtney was up at 6am (she was going away this weekend on a retreat with school BUT first she had to take the SAT's in the morning). She decided to go back to sleep for 1/2 hour and we were up again at 7 a.m. I took her to the school at 7:30 a.m. When I got back, I had to get Mike's breakfast and medicine ready. I was finished around 8:20, then it was time to get Mike ready. Since Courtney was at school taking her SAT's, I was on my own. I bathed and dressed Mike by myself and was finished around 9:15 a.m. I was SO exhausted, I decided to lay next to Mike until 9:30 to get some more rest. At 9:30 I coaxed Brandon up so he could help me get Mike up and out of bed and into his chair. Mike was all set by 9:30 and I started giving him his juice until Mary came. Once Mary (his aide) got here, I ate my muffin and was one my way. I left the house at 10:00 and went to the library, the bank and to Target. Brandon came with me and we got home around 11:45. I unloaded the car and put away all our "stuff". I got Courtney's last minute stuff packed since she was at school and I knew she wouldn't have time when she got home. Before I knew it, it was time to help Mary get Mike into bed (she CAN do it herself, but when I'm home, I help her). At 12:45 Courtney called for her ride home and I went to get her at school. We got home and I went over everything with Courtney. While Courtney stayed home to shower, I had to take Mary to run an errand (which she had asked me to do earlier in the day). I was on the road again at 1:30. I took Mary on her errand and grabbed some Burger King for Courtney so she had something to eat. I got home at 2:30. Courtney gulped down her "lunch" and we were out the door at 3:00. I got Courtney to school at 3:15 and stayed with her a little bit before she left. I headed home around 3:45, but had to stop at the Rite Aid. I had to pick up a prescription, some gloves and chux, which I was told Hospice would not provide. I folded some wash that I had put in earlier in the day. By 4:15 I was almost falling asleep, so I decided to go up into Courtney's room and catch a few minutes rest. I asked that Brandon wake me up at 5:00. At 4:45 he came into the room and told me he was going to his friend's house to play football. I got up then because I was concerned that I would fall into a deep sleep and no one would be around to wake me up. At this time, I decided to go to Taco Bell for dinner. I got home, ate my taco salad, brought in the rest of the wash that was hung outside and put it in the dryer to finish drying.

Right now I'm getting ready to get Mike into bed and I'm waiting for Brandon to come home and help. After I get Mike into bed, I will have to take Gizmo for his last walk of the night. I will then have to fold the wash that is currently in my dryer. Sometime around 9 p.m. I will FINALLY get a chance to sit down.........Now I know why I'm tired. At least I will gain an hour's sleep tonight.

I know that there are many moms doing what I do, if not more, but the difference is, I do it while I'm caring for my husband. I'm not sure what kind of sleep I will get tonight, but like I said, at least I will get and extra hour.

As an aside, yesterday the doorbell rang (Halloween - silly) and my mom answered the door and NATHAN was standing there. What a surprise. Unfortunately, Mike was so tired, he slept through the visit. He looked good and we were all so happy to see him.

No comments: