Friday, November 28, 2008

New Adventure

This morning I did something I have NEVER done before. I woke up at 4:30 in the morning to go shopping!!!!

The girls at work were talking one day about how they all used to do this the day after Thanksgiving. I always thought people who did this were crazy. I was always so exhausted after all the cooking, serving and cleaning up, I could never imagine getting up so early to shop. This year, I thought "why not?" The economy is so bad, my finances are horrendous, so I thought it would be THE BEST time to start. Kohl's is practically around the corner from my house and they had so much on sale. I could get the kids 3 shirts/sweaters that I would normally only have been able to get one of. With Courtney's help (she came downstairs to sleep near Mike "just in case" and my brother was upstairs also) I got up and out by 4:30. Kohl's opened at 4am and I couldn't believe it when I pulled into an overflowing parking field. I was such a novice at this. Woman had drinks, coffee, i-Pods to listen to - they were ready for the day ahead. I went in blind. I got what I had to get and then waited on line. I timed this adventure. I got on line at 5:27 a.m. and was taken at the register at 6:33. It took me less time to shop than it did for me to buy. I met a couple of woman during this time and we spoke about much of nothing. The salespeople were all so helpful - which surprised me because they all had to be there so early in the morning. The people that go shopping that early in the morning are a different breed of people. I don't know if I will ever do this again, but this year - it was my new adventure.

No comments: