Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New President

Yes, I know this blog is about EOAD, but I would be remiss if I did not mention that history was made last night when Barack Obama was elected the 44th President of the United States. After watching people all over: young, old, black, white, spanish, caucasian......with tears in their eyes because of the newly elected President, I had the chills. I stayed up last night to watch his speech and I was NOT disappointed. I think all the tears last night were from people who want change, they want to be proud of the USA again, they want things to be better - and we are hoping Barack Obama will help us do that.

The town we live in is very diverse. Many of our neighbors are spanish and Courtney and Brandon's parochial grade school consisted of African Americans, Haitians and Portugese students. My children grew up color blind - and I think that's a good thing. During this presidential election, they very rarely even brought up race, because they did not see it. That's the way all of us should be. I think last night's decision was finally a result of everyone looking past color and seeing a person who is the best choice for us.

I look forward to finally having a President that I can be proud of, an intelligent and eloquent individual. Don't think for a minute that I will not be contacting Mr. Obama with regard to money for research for EOAD. My letter is already drafted, I just have to wait for him to move into the White House.

No comments: