Sunday, August 9, 2009

Looking Good

This morning I actually got to rest a little bit before I headed to the hospital. I had my breakfast, showered and then fell back asleep on the couch. Courtney woke me at 12:30 to announce it was time to leave. When we got into Mike's room, he looked good, but was sleeping. I started talking to him and he opened his eyes. People ALWAYS ask if he knows who we are. Yes, he does. As Courtney and I were talking to him, he opened his eyes and smiled. Courtney gave her usual "daddy-o" shake and he almost laughed. It felt so good to see him feeling better.
His one hand is all red and swollen from the IV and both his feet are swollen. I'm concerned about his one leg because not only is it swollen, but it's MUCH colder than the other. I am afraid of bad circulation as a result of a blood clot. The nurse called the doctor and he will check it out in the morning. During previous hospitalizations, they started Mike on Lovenox as a preventative measure, but not this time, even though I did tell the nurse he was prone to blood clots. Mike has a VERY SHORT window of time where he can stay in the hospital before he develops other issues. I hope he has not stay too long.

No comments: