Friday, April 3, 2009

Waiting, waiting, waiting

Well, Brandon got his cast off yesterday and believe it or not, he wanted to go play basketball right afterwards - the same sport that got him into the cast in the first place. It's not like he can never play basketball again, but seriously. I was pleased when the PA told him that he couldn't play sports for another 2 weeks. His ankle still needs time to heal. Right now, he's just trying to get used to bending his foot again - but he's VERY happy and he said he feels "free".

We're still waiting for Courtney's financial aid package to come in. She really wants to go to Fordham and I pray that it works out. It just hurts me SO MUCH when I see other kids getting so much money/aid because of the color of their skin or their nationality. Courtney has worked SO HARD for her grades, despite going through all she has these last 8 years. If anyone deserves a large scholarship, it would be Courtney, unfortunately, schools don't take all that into consideration. She seems "OK" if she has to attend Hofstra, but I HATE the fact that my children always have to settle. They deserve the same chance as anyone else.

On a lighter note, Mike actually laughed at me today. I kept repeating how much I loved him and I asked if I was boring him. He looked and me and chuckled. THAT'S the way to start a day.

No comments: