Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oh Well.....

Well, all of Courtney's financial aid packages came in and unless there's a miracle hovering over us, she will be attending Hofstra University in September. While the Fordham package was "decent", we would still have to come up with alot more money each year. It does hurt me, I will not lie. Courtney loved Fordham from the moment she saw it. Everything about the school was perfect: the courses she wanted and connections the school had for jobs/internships, the proximinity to home and NYC, the campus, their church - it all fit. Unfortunately, it looks like there is another plan for Courtney and we will just have to accept that. Hofstra is a good college (my alma mater) and it's close to home. Their scholarship and financial aid offer was substantial enough that we hardly need to put anything towards tuition. We feel blessed in that sense and we will be forever grateful that Courtney will have a good education when others aren't so lucky.

Courtney and Brandon have their last big test today and then they're off for 1 1/2 weeks. This weekend is busy for us. Friday night we go to the "Rock Stations of the Cross". A truly amazing experience. Saturday our pastor asked Courtney to do a reading at the Easter Vigil, so she will be there from approx. 8pm-12am. Then Courtney and I will be going to the sunrise Easter Mass on the beach at 5:30 am. I haven't been able to go the last few years, but this year, Brandon will stay with Mike and I will be going with Courtney. Hopefully the weather will hold out for us. I don't think Mike's aid will be in on Easter, so I will be taking care of Mike on my own. I already warned by brother and mother that they will be doing the cooking. I hope I make it through the day on such little sleep.... but then again, that's nothing new.

No comments: