Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A New Day

Today Mike's aid came back. She WAS sick, but also took a day to visit a friend in Boston. I had a long talk with the agency and we've come to the conclusion that Mary is burnt out. She has worked with us since May - 10 hours a day, seven days a week without a vacation. They will try to talk to her about cutting it down to 5 days a week, and try to find someone else to cover her for the other 2. I don't think she will like it because she WANTS to work to make the money. I just get concerned because I feel on edge - like on any given day, I will get a call saying that she quit. After caring for Mike myself for 5 days, I've seen how fragile Mike is. He is definitely slowing down. Now that Mary is back, we will have to wait and see whether it was because of a change in his routine, or if it's just the disease taking it's toll.
Brandon spent the night with his friend's family out on the Island and just came home. Tomorrow morning I have to get up at 5am to get Courtney to school. She is going on a band trip to Washington DC and Bush Gardens. The weather is supposed to be beautiful for her and I'm glad.
I have been more than overwhelmed this past week. Between the situation with Mike's aid, worrying about his health, dealing with Courtney's disappointment about the possibility of not going to Fordham, my everyday issues with finances - it's all beginning to take it's toll. I'm tired and I don't see an end in sight very soon.

No comments: