Thursday, March 5, 2009

What a Difference a Day Makes

Last night when I got home from work, Mike's breathing seemed a little fast. I put the oxygen on him and waited. About 1/2 hour later I took his temperature (his breathing usually becomes faster when he has a fever). Sure enough, his temp was 101.2. I sat him up and tried pounding his back. He did cough a little and I could hear some congestion - "oh no".
While this is happening, Brandon comes hobbling home. He was playing basketball with his friends and landed on his foot wrong. His ankle is all swollen and he can't stand on it. "I don't believe this".
Courtney comes home from school coughing and sneezing. "can it get any better than this?"

Mike made it through the night without any more fevers (I had given him Tylenol at 7pm and 11pm). The hospice nurse came by this morning and confirmed that he has congestion in his chest. He was prescribed an anti-biotic. Now we give him that and pray.
I am leaving work at 1pm today to take Brandon to an orthopedist. He can't stand on his foot. I'm not sure how I will get him there, but I think we have an old pair of crutches in the garage.
We'll see how Courtney is feeling when she gets home.

Just another day in the life..................

This picture of Brandon was taken today after we got back from the doctor. He has a hairline fracture on his ankle and needs to be in a cast for at least 4 weeks. Although he looks sad, he's eating up all the attention :)

No comments: