Wednesday, September 10, 2008

We were "Flocked"

This is the sight we woke up to this morning.
Our church has as a fundraiser, a group of people that place pink flamingos on other's lawns at the request of their friends. Our good friends Mary and Chris Carroll had us "flocked". Needless to say, it put a HUGE smile on our faces.
I had gotten up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom (as a result of my old age) when I looked outside. This is normal for me as I like to make sure that everything is as it should be. What wasn't as it should be last night, were the pink flamingos on our front lawn. I thought I was dreaming, but then I remembered the fundraiser at St. Brigid's. Without even thinking for a second, I KNEW it has to be Chris and Mary - they're crazy like that. What sealed the deal was the paper left in our door indicating that we were the "victims" and they were the "suspects".
Job well done. Thank you.

No comments: