Saturday, September 20, 2008

Home Alone

Today Courtney had a party to go to, and I was supposed to be meeting with the Newspaper people. I was trying to figure out how I could get her there, and then it hit me...... She has her driver's license - she could drive herself. As much as it scared me, I let her drive herself to her party (which coincidentally happened to be a surprise party for her, given by her friends). I realized that it would happen one day, I just can't believe it's happening already. I watched her drive away and realized that nothing will ever be the same. Her pulling out of the driveway signified so much more. Now I will be sitting on pins and needles waiting for her to come home. The first of MANY more nights to come.

Bandon had been bike riding with his friend when he called to ask if he could go to the movies tonight. Brandon and his friend will be going to a 9:30 movie. Granted, his friend's mom and younger brother will also be going, but he will be out also. My kids have a better social life than I do.

I will be home alone, waiting up for my children. It seems like right before my eyes, in the blink of an eye, they are adults. Where did time go??? I wonder what Mike would be saying and doing if he were well. I KNOW he would be so nervous for his "little girl" driving, and so proud of his "little boy" for being the man he has become.

No comments: