Thursday, October 18, 2007

4 Down, 11 to go.....

Obviously it's a countdown to the number of days before Nathan returns.

Today went better than yesterday. We still have no dryer and my car is still not inspected, but Mike did better. He ate all his meals and drank all his drinks. When I got home from work though, he was coughing alot. It made me nervous. I checked his BP and lungs. All seemed OK, but he kept coughing. Of course, I was concerned. Then Brandon and I got Mike into bed and as we were moving him around, he let out a few good burps. I believe that was the problem. I remembered that Nathan always said that many times Mike would cough when he was trying to burp.

Tomorrow we will be meeting the Newsday reporter to talk more about our life. No matter how much or how little we are in the article, we will be glad that attention is being brought to the realities of Alzheimer's Disease and the obstacles caregivers face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your journey. I hope that the dryer can be fixed -- and am thankful that it didn't go on fire. Wow. D

Karen said...

dee.

Thank you for checking in. It's nice to know that we can share our experience and possibly help others. How is your mom? Does she live with you?