Tuesday, October 16, 2007

2 down, 13 to go......

Well we got through yesterday unscathed. The aide that came was not good at all, and as I have found to be more common than one would think, she argued with me about things I needed done with and for Mike. I stayed home and wound up doing most of the things on my own. My mother had been ironing the kids clothes for school and the aide actually asked my mom to iron her work shirt. Dumbfounded by her nerve, my mom did it. Later the aide was annoyed when we had no "snacks" that she liked, so she left and went to buy some. She was supposed to work until 7pm and at 4pm she told me she had to leave at 5. By that time, I was more than happy to see her go.

Today's aide seems VERY reliable and knowledgeable. She is only supposed to work for this week, but I am going to try to get her to stay for the 3 weeks. It is so difficult to find someone like her. Today the podiatrist also came and confirmed that Mike's toe is in fact infected. She cleaned it out and ordered an antibiotic for him. She said she hopes it's better within 3 days and also explained that it could have been quite serious - in fact it could have sent him to the hospital. More praying will go out that his toe heals and nothing worse happens.

No comments: