Wednesday, October 17, 2007

3 Down, 12 to go.........

We survived another day.

The podiatrist prescribed an antibiotic for Mike's toe yesterday. It was delivered last night and strangely, I took a moment to read the instructions etc. I noticed it said that we should tell the doctor if the patient has seizure disorders. Well, of course, my eyes popped, as that is the thing I HATE THE MOST. I called his regular doctor this morning and he agreed the antibiotic should be changed. The podiatrist had no idea of Mike's medical history and I am so glad that I read the instructions.

The substitute aide is doing well, although I am nervous that she is not getting Mike to eat and drink as much as he should. This is a REAL concern for me, as he has been dehydrated in the past. As much as I tell these aides how important it is to have Mike at least drink, they don't seem to get it. I will continue to push her and hopefully, she will "get it". Otherwise it will be a vicious cycle. If he doesn't drink, he becomes lathargic and it will be even more difficult to get him to drink. Thats' when dehydration settles in. uuuuggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

And oh yeah, I almost forgot. This morning as my mom was helping with the wash, I smelled something burning. Our dryer almost went on fire. The entire inside was all burnt. Now I have to figure out when I will have the time to arrange for a repairman - if it's even possible to fix. My car's inspection also expired on 9/30, I have no right turn signal and my oil is very low. When will this end??????????????????

No comments: