Monday, April 26, 2010

I LOVE my kids......

As I was looking through some recent blogs and their comments, I came across this one from Courtney. She had written this in response to a comment that she (as well as a few others) found a little condescending from an "Anonymous" blogger. It was so nice to see that someone has my back - and I'm glad it was my daughter. I write my blog knowing that I open myself up to everyone, so I should expect that some things I write will not be appreciated by all. I accept that, but I was proud of what Courtney wrote and wanted to share it. I hope she doesn't mind....

Dear Anonymous, whoever you may be-My mom is totally aware that other people have it worse than she does. In fact, she says this so much at home that it's kind of frustrating sometimes ;)My mom uses this blog as a way to vent. She needs it. She doesn't do much for herself because she's always focusing on my dad. And as for the financial issues with college, trust me, we are TOTALLY aware that this is the case. I DO have other friends in college too, and they're also experiencing financial difficulties. HOWEVER - the difference here is that this financial difficulty with college costs is NOW piled on top of everything else that my mom has to worry about, so it's just an extra little thing she doesn't need to deal with. Trust me- we all thank God every day for everything He's blessed us with. Just the fact that my dad is still healthy and with us at home is enough. But sometimes, like I said before, my mom just needs a place to vent, and she uses this blog as a place to do that. Without venting, she'd probably explode, and nobody wants that! :)Anywhos...I'm done :)
April 25, 2010 2:31 PM

1 comment:

Courtney Henley said...

Haha, I guess it doesn't really matter if I mind, cuz there it is!

But nah, I don't mind :)