Sunday, December 7, 2008

'Tis the Season

Mike's shoulder is a mystery to us. Some days it seems to be OK, other days it seems to be swollen. I give him Tylenol every now and then, because he does appear to be favoring it (he keeps it bent at the elbow folded in against his stomach). When I touch it and move his arm though, he doesn't appear to be in pain. I'm not sure what to do. If it continues to be swollen on and off, I may check into what I would have to do to get it x-rayed.

Christmas preparation is keeping me busy. Putting up the tree and decorating is so much extra work, on top of everything else that I need to do on a daily basis. This holiday was Mike's favorite, so for that reason, I try to make everything look festive. Courtney and Brandon also like to have everything decorated, I just really don't think they "get it" though. My days are swamped normally, but now factor in all this extra work, and I am more overwhelmed than normal.

We had a nice surprise today. Our friends knocked on the door and delivered a beautiful poinsetta plant. Their son was selling them for Boy Scouts and our other friends (Mary and Chris - you remember the friends who "flocked us") bought a plant from their son - FOR US. It is beautiful and a nice surprise. It's always the small things that make our day. Thank you Mary Chris (for the gift) and Norma and Andrew (for the delivery).

No comments: