Thursday, December 25, 2008

Blessed Christmas

Merry Christmas to all.
Today was a different, yet nice Christmas. Mike's aide had the bulk of the day off (she came by for 2 hours at the end of the day to give him dinner) so I got to spend most of the day with him, which I enjoyed and savored because I have no idea how many more holidays we will have together. The kids were gracious for their gifts, or lack thereof, but we all realized how VERY BLESSED we truly are. I would not have changed our day at all. Well there IS one thing I wish we could have done and that was go to Mass. Because I had to take care of Mike, and needed to be here, I could not get there. We wanted to go to Midnight Mass, but once again there was no one to stay with Mike. Mass is a HUGE part of this holiday and it hurt us all, but as I explained to the kids, we didn't stay home just to "relax". We stayed home to take care of Mike and I'm sure God would forgive us.
Tomorrow my sister and her family will be coming in from Pennsylvania to visit for the holidays. As always, we look forward to their company.

No comments: