Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Good Book

I've mentioned before that a group of EOAD spouses go out once a month. We have been able to do so through the goodness of one of our members, Pat Moffett. He wrote Ice Cream in the Cupboard, the story of him and his wife and their life as they navigate through the craziness of diagnosis and realization of life with Alzheimer's Disease. If anyone wants to read a really TRUE story, this one would be it.

A small world story - I mentioned to my brother that Pat's wife had worked in the same school district that my brother works. I told him the name of the school and sure enough, he knew her. He said she was one of his favorite people. He had heard that she was sick, but he never knew what happened to her. He started reading the book with a whole new outlook, this time through familiar eyes. He was so saddened that he now knows another person with Early Onset Alzheimer's.

No comments: