Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Another "S"

Mike's friend Tom came to visit again yesterday (he also came the day before). His son is taking up boxing right down the block from us, so he comes and visits, while his son is boxing. Anyway, we got off late in giving Mike his dinner and I only started giving him his medication around 6:30 (he always gets it at 5:30). Around 6pm, he started getting big "myoclonic jerks". They continued on and off until we got him to bed. Around 11pm he started again and they continued for about 1/2 hour. It was a little before 4am when they started again, but this time they culminated with a full blown "S". Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. I anticipated this happening and was on edge all night. After it happened, I was finally able to go back to sleep until it was time for me to get up around 7am. If you've read my posts before, now will begin the "walking on eggshell" period when I will wait to see if that was it, or if they will continue.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with what's been going on with Mike the last 2 weeks. His neurologist said that they can often be brought on by being physically sick. I just don't know. It's so hard to guess as to what's going on inside Mike and I hate to say that I'm just SO tired. I don't want to give up and I won't. This too shall pass.............

No comments: