Friday, May 25, 2007

Regular Day

Today will be the beginning of Memorial Day weekend. How I wish we were able to just "get up and go"....all of us. But that cannot happen. Therefore, I will do the best I can to make sure the kids have fun. Next week our wonderful aide, Nathan will not be here, which means we will have someone else caring for Mike. This thought will weigh on my mind the ENTIRE WEEKEND. I will pray that everything goes OK. I hope to steal some time tomorrow with the kids and maybe go to the movies.

I think I will give up on the fight with Medicaid..for now. I have been a firm believer that all things happen for a reason. Four times the agent from social services has called to ask, "Are you sure you really want to switch to straight Medicaid". I have also not gotten alot of support and encouragement from other agencies that in the past have helped me. I began to think, maybe this was all for a reason I could not see. I put ALOT of thought into this decision, and for now, I will keep everything as it is. One of my biggest fears/concerns with putting Mike on hospice has always been my fear that they would "give up" on him. If he got sick, dehydrated etc., they would just make him comfortable. Had we done that back in January, Mike would not be here with us now, laughing (very heartedly I might add) with us almost daily. I'm thinking that maybe the Medicaid agent's voice was Him telling me to keep things as they are. Maybe things would NOT have worked out the way we wanted had we put Mike on Hospice. This is not to say that I will not eventually make that decision, but I don't believe now is the time. I guess I have to trust my instincts.

God Bless our Troops on this Memorial Day Weekend and all who have died protecting our Country. I would also like to honor my dad (a proud WWII Navy veteran) . I miss you dad.....

No comments: