Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Confirmation

Today Brandon made his Confirmation. It was a beautiful sunny spring day. My sister and nephew came in from PA and they made it with 1/2 hour to spare. Even though it was beautiful outside, it WAS warm in the school's chapel, so of course, the ceremony seemed long. As I watched Brandon standing there, I remembered, like yesterday, his Christening. ....Time flies.

After the ceremony, I took everyone out to lunch at The Milleridge Inn. The last time I was there was when Mike took me there for my birthday years ago, even before we were married. It's decorated so nice during the Christmas season and since my birthday is right around there, Mike took me as a special treat. Now here I was 21 years later with my children and relatives without Mike. I thought of him all day.


When we got back to the house, Stephen and Gail were visiting with Mike and he seemed to really enjoy their company. He laughed out loud at something said and even appeared to mumble "thank you" when they left. It was magical.


Brandon made me so proud today and I was so glad he had such a wonderful day.

No comments: