Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Bad Week

This week Nathan is away and we have a subsitute aide. On Tuesday, Mike began showing signs of not wanting to eat. Of course, I assumed it was a difference in his routine. Then lo and behold, when he yawned and I saw that his tongue was all white. Mike has thrush .....again. This is painful and it hurts to swallow. I refilled his prescription and began treatment today. I pray that it goes away soon, so that his appetite comes back to normal.

Yesterday, my BIL went for a routine stress test. He was admitted to the hopsital for further tests today because of a blockage they saw. The test today showed 2 arteries were 90% blocked and he was scheduled for immediate bypass surgery tomorrow morning.

I feel helpless. My sister lives in PA and I can't get there to help. In any other circumstances, I would drive out there and help her in any way possible. I just cannot do that and I feel so bad. Of course, she understands, but that doesn't make my guilt go away. My BIL's brother is flying in from Arizona this weekend and his parents are already in from NJ. I'm glad my sister will have his family with her as she goes through this difficult situation. Please say prayers.

No comments: