Monday, May 14, 2007

Brandon's Birthday

Today Brandon is 14. Where has time gone.

He was due to be born on May 20th. I had worked the entire day on the 13th, but told my co-worker that I didn't feel well and that I may not be in the next day. At about 6pm while taking my mom home, contractions started. When Mike came home from work, we went to Toys 'R Us to pick up some newborn diapers and a gift for Brandon's new "big sister". As we were checking out, Mike, very proudly, told the cashier that I was in labor. We went home, called my mom to come back, got to the hospital about 10:30 p.m. I asked the doctor for an epidural, but he explained that while it would ease the pain, it would prolong the laboR. He suggested that I "stick it out". I did, and gave birth to Brandon, COMPLETELY NATURALLY, at 12:58 A.M.

It seems like yesterday..... I remember how thrilled Mike was now that he had a baby boy. He loved Courtney with all his heart, but now he had a son to "pal around" with. He was so proud.

Today our "baby" is 14. When I told Mike this morning, his eyebrows raised and I wondered just how much he understood. Sometimes, I truly believe he knows.

No comments: