Monday, March 1, 2010

On Saturday Courtney and I attended the Oscar Movie Marathon. This year though, because there are 10 movies nominated, they had to present it over the course of 2 Saturdays. I will not be able to go next Saturday, as I am sure that will be when I pack for our trip to Washington DC. I also only got to see 2 movies, then I had to get home before our aide left. I got to see Avatar (UNBELIEVABLE) and Up In The Air. After seeing Avatar in 3-D, every other movie I see will feel bland and boring. I vote that ALL movies should be 3-D. Courtney stayed for a third movie (Precious) which she absolutely loved, as difficult as it was to watch. One dat I hope to be able to sit and watch each movie. They started at 10:30 a.m. and went all the way through 11:30 p.m. - with breaks in between as well as trivia games. It's like a one day vacation...............
This week is crammed with appointments so I will be missing out on 2 lunch hours (I forgo lunch so I can leave early for the appointments). This is when I have been trying to finish up my speech for the Alzheimer's Association Education Conference on March 11th - the Thursday after we get back from DC. I am beginning to panic because I'm not happy with it right now. I just hope I have enough time to finish it and make it interesting. I have 30 minutes to speak, but I don't plan on using all the time. I don't think I would enjoy listening to one person speak for 30 minutes, and I wouldn't want to do that to other people.
Wish me luck.

No comments: