Friday, November 13, 2009

Bad News

I got a phone call tonight that has the potential of creating BIG problems. Mike's aide is in the hospital. I don't know exactly what happened, but her friend left a message that apparently she "collapsed" as she was getting off the bus tonight. They brought her to the hospital where they determined it's her blood pressure. I care about Elaine VERY much, she's a great person and wonderful with Mike, and I feel bad that my first reaction to the news was "oh no, Brandon has 3 appointments next week for his surgery. Who will be here with Mike?"

I will try not to think that far in advance and try to figure out how I will get through the weekend. Caring for Mike is NEVER a problem, but when I take care of him, I can never get other things done. My life goes into pause mode. I hope and pray, for Elaine as well as Mike, that she feels better soon.

3 comments:

karen said...

I hope all is better soon with the 3 of you. Aide's are a very important part of our lives. And we can't live without them.

seth said...

Ms Henley,

What kind of computer are you using?

I may have an extra keyboard in my garage.

Let me know and ill try to get it to you.

Seth

Karen said...

Seth,
Thank you for your offer, but my computer is actually broken. I am using my son's old laptop and he has the "u-less" keyboard. We're managing.