Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Washer/Dryer

One of the benefits of working for a Jewish attorney is having off on their holidays. Happy New Year! I had off yesterday and today. I wish I could say that I made good use of the time off, but unfortunately, I am sick. I started feeling bad over the weekend, and sure enough, Monday night, my sinus's started giving me problems. I tried to rest yesterday,but Mike's foot doctor came (his toe is STILL infected) and we had our new washer/dryer delivered.......YEAH!!!!!!!! I was exhausted, but there was no time for rest. At the end of the day, I even had to pick Courtney and Brandon up from school.

Because I haven't been feeling well, I haven't been sleeping in with Mike. I'm not sure what I have and I'm afraid it may be contagious, so I've been sleeping out on the couch. I get up a few times a night to check on Mike, but I'm not in there with him. Guess, what....I miss him. It feels like I'm not spending any time with him by not sleeping next to him. I keep telling him why I'm not in with him and I hope he understands.

On happier note, our washer and dryer are GREAT!! I am SO blessed to have been able to get them - God works in mysterious ways. We do have to have a plumber come out today though because the water hook-up isn't quite high enough for the new washing machine. Because they are on the "pedestals", the line is about 10 inches too short. We had the delivery people hook it up for now (without the pedestal) and then after the plumber extends it, we will put it up. It was quite funny though, we looked like a bunch of idiots staring at them in amazement. It's just that it's been so long since we had gotten a new appliance and the newer models have so many more options. It's always the small things that make us happy.

No comments: