Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No End in Sight

It's been a while since I've written. Things have been hectic, just never enough hours in the day.

Mike is still having "sleeping issues" which keep me awake. He will shake sometimes, cough , sweat etc., and whenever these things happen, I will wake up to take care of him. There's also the issue of changing him and turning him. I'm still very tired.

I went with Courtney to see Fordham once again (last week) and yesterday we visited Hoftra University (my alma mater). It was interesting, especially since the last Presidential Debate will be held there tomorrow. The place was buzzing with activity and secret service. Courtney is being very mature in her realization that she may not be able to go to her dream college (Fordham). This will not be because of her academics, but in light of our nations' financial situation, we're very concerned about getting student loans. I'm sure she will be elligible for scholarships, but the balance would be covered by student loans and her teachers are telling them they're going to be difficult to get. Therefore, she's looking at more local schools where she may get even more money. She's applied for "Early Action", so she will know by Christmas whether she has been accepted.

I have continued to be disappointed regarding the Hospice Mike is enrolled in. I have always heard such good things about Hospice, but I have not experienced any of that yet. It always seems like I get voice mail and there never seems to be enough people to "cover" if our regular nurse is out. I know I have to so something about this, but I haven't had the time. I'm also having issues with Mike's Medicaid. Instead of his "overage" being $369.00/month, they are telling me that it will now be $1,100.00/month. I couldn't afford that on top of paying privately for mine and the kids insurance. I don't understand why all of a sudden this has changed after all these years (4 to be exact). I was told that Mike's papers were originally filled out wrong. So now I have to go through all the paperwork from when we filled out the application with our Elder Law attorney to see what happened and if there's no obvious answer, then I will need to reach out to that attorney for assistance.

There are MAJOR issues going on in my life and I don't have the time to deal with them. I am once again in the overwhelmed stage where I don't see an end in sight.

No comments: