Friday, August 15, 2008

They Got Me !!!!!

Tonight Courtney, Brandon and I were getting Mike into bed. We had just gotten him into bed when the phone rang. My brother looked at the number and recognized the area code (610) but the name was unknown. We yelled at him to pick it up, as my sister lives in Pennsylvania (610). It WAS my sister and she told my brother to look outside. Standing there in the pouring rain was my sister. I opened the back door and there she stood, soaking wet, with her arms open wide, yelling "SURPRISE!!" She and her family came in from PA as a surprise to us :)!!!!

Needless to say, I was shocked, surprised, shaking and crying all at once. Months of emotions of "being alone" took their toll and I was SO HAPPY to see my sister and her family. I could not believe that she pulled it off without once slipping. Apparently, she wanted to tell me, but my older niece and nephew convinced her to keep it a surprise. I can honestly say that it was THE BEST surprise I've had in a L-O-N-G time. Their company is the best medicine for me right now and their support came at just the right time. The fact that they planned all of this and took time off to come and visit, is beyond words (my sister works 2 jobs and both my niece and nephew also work). I'm just glad I didn't know ahead of time because the weather was terrible (thunder, lightning and HEAVY rain).

Sometimes in life, the simplest of things can lift the spirits. Tonight I once again realized how VERY blessed I am to have such a wonderful family.

No comments: