Monday, February 1, 2010

It looks like the kids and I WILL be going to Washington, but no thanks to the hospice's respite. I made alternative arrangements involving Mike's aide. I hope my trip to DC is successful.

Mike is having "bathroom" issues right now and I hope it's just a matter of getting some laxatives into him. He seems to be uncomfortable and he hasn't been laughing as much. I hope all he needs is some assistance and that it's not his body getting tired. Yes, I worry about EVERYTHING.

Brandon and I made plans for him to visit StonyBrook University in 2 weeks. I can't believe it's almost time to start that college process with Brandon already. That's where he has his heart is set on going, and hopefully that will work out. Having more than 1 disappointed child would NOT be fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
I'm glad to hear that you were able to work out an arrangement for Mike. I know you and the kids need a break for a couple of days. I'm sure your mind will be thinking of Mike and how's he doing while your in Washington DC. I wish you the best of luck on your trip.
Jo Ann