Friday, May 8, 2009

One Week Ago

One week ago tonight, I had to take Brandon to the ER. He was diagnosed with the "flu" - type still unknown. Then I got sick and Courtney came home from Disney sick. Yesterday was my first day back at work, and Brandon's first back at school. At any point throughout the day, coughing abounds in our house. My asthma kicked in so bad, I was reminded once again how people can die from the disease. If you don't take care of it immediately, everything will close up, there will be no way to get any air back into the lungs. I was in pretty bad shape on Tues/Wed and I called my doctor for some Prednisone. I've had so much experience with asthma, that I knew just what I needed. Thankfully, I already have a nebulizer at home, so I was able to use that. I'm still coughing so much that I keep getting headaches.

We have been walking on eggshells and literally losing layers of skin on my hands from washing so much (no seriously, my ezcema popped up on my hands from getting dried out after all the washing PLUS the stress didn't help) in order to keep the germs away from Mike. Our hospice nurse came today and called me at work to say that Mike had a low grade fever (100). I didn't want to panic without seeing Mike for myself. They decided to put Mike on Tamiflu as a precaution - that's fine with me. When I got home, he seemed fine, with no fever. As I said previously, only time will tell how thorough we have been in washing our hands. I wonder how long it will be before I will take a sigh of relief??

1 comment:

Carl in NC said...

I'm praying for you and your family to recover from these bugs.

Take care and God bless,

Carl