Thursday, June 16, 2011

Perfect Analogy

This week has been a particularly difficult week for me. It's been emotional and challenging. I felt like I was a fish swimming against the tide. I struggled to go forward, but with each attempt, I kept getting pulled under.

I was speaking to our social worker today and broke down as she was trying to help me through a problem. She asked me if I watched cartoons. I was never a cartoon person, but Mike was and I've seen the classics over the years. She asked if I ever saw the Bugs Bunny episode where he is sleep walking in the construction zone. He would walk a little bit and just as it seemed as if he was about to fall, a plank of wood would appear and then another and another. He walked until he got to the end of one, and then another appeared. He never fell, he remained standing while being saved by the planks of wood.

She told me that I was Bugs Bunny. I have a guardian angel who always seems to be there for me with a plank of wood just as I needed it.

Simple, yet surprisingly appropriate.....

What's Up Doc!

2 comments:

Kathy Knowles said...

Keep eating those carrots, and keep putting one foot in front of the other on those planks! I have had the same experience lately...and just when I feel really frustrated about things, here comes another plank. God is steadfast, and so are His people.
Kathy

Carl in NC said...

:-)

Good analogy...

Carl