Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sensitivity

This past Friday night, on my way back from getting Italian ices, I came across the after affects of an accident. Right in my path, was lying a man who apparantly had been hit while riding his motorcycle. He was surrounded by 4-5 men who were trying to shake him into consciousness. I HAD to look because he was right in my path. There were no police or rescue vehicles there yet. Needless to say, I was a wreck. I still am when I picture that man lying there. I was shaking and crying the entire ride home and when I got into my house, I fell apart. The complete helplessness I felt was unbearable. I said my prayers that night and subsequent nights. He had no helmet on, his arms were bent under him and his legs were all twisted. By some miracle, I hope that he was just unconscious and that he is now recovering. I can't think of the alternative. This incident has left me realizing just how sensitive I am, especially when it comes to my feelings of helplessness. I believe that Mike's illness has made me much more sensitive than others.

No comments: