Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Plan

It's funny how the universe works. I truly believe there is a plan for all of us. God works in mysterious ways, and Lord only knows that in the last 8 years, that has been proven to me over and over again. I may think too deeply about things, but that's who I am. It's often my thoughts and beliefs that comfort me when I am alone.

I was talking to Courtney the other night and explained that I believe God is preparing us for her going to college. I haven't seen much of her the last few weeks, and while I do miss her, I realize that she needs to spread her wings. It's called "growing up", "maturing". Little by little, we are spending more and more time apart. Courtney's summer has, thankfully, been very busy. Working at camp, going into the city, movies, dinner with friends, concerts at the beach etc. There's nothing that makes me happier than to see her being a "normal" 17 year old, yet at the same time, it makes me equally sad to know that I am losing her. Yes, it's the circle of life. Not that long ago, at least the way I feel, I was doing everything that she's doing. Now it's my turn to sit back and watch our daughter mature into a self reliant, mature young woman.

1 comment:

Carl in NC said...

Amen, there is definitely a plan to all this! I am glad that God is in control and that He is there to comfort us when we need it. I know I'll be facing the same things in another 4-5 years.

Take care and God bless,

Carl