Sunday, January 27, 2008

Life Happens

Yes, along with looking at colleges, Courtney is learning to drive.

She passed her permit test about a month ago, and each weekend I try to take her out driving for practice. She will also need to take formal driving lessons before she can take her road test, but at least she is getting the "feel" of the car. Today she drove me to the supermarket. She did fairly well, she just needs practice.

It's so hard for me to fathom that this is all happening. It seems like yesterday that she would fall asleep on our shoulders, giving us a hard time when she had to sleep alone in her crib. Now she is practicing driving and looking at colleges she wants to attend (she would LOVE to go to school in NYC, but still has no idea what she wants to do).

I started P.T. for my shoulder. Somewhere along the line, in transferring Mike, I hurt my shoulder. Over the Christmas holidays when I was caring for Mike while Nathan was on vacation, it got MUCH worse. I have a high tolerance for pain, but that week I was in tears. I am told that I have an "impingement on my rotator cuff that's causing tendonitis". They believe they will be able to help with P.T. I hope......Otherwise, I'm not sure what I will do.

(The picture is Courtney and Brandon as they get ready for their "Junior/Senior Prom". They were paired with a senior citizen - through an event at their school - for the night at a local assisted living residence. Fun was had by all and they look forward to doing it again soon).

No comments: