Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Mike !

Today Mike is 43.

Mike woke up in such a good mood, which continued throughout the day. He smiled and laughed ALOT and it was SO good to see. When I think about how he spent his last birthday, it makes this one all the more special. After his breakfast, he opened his presents...actually I held his hand as I tried to get him to feel the wrapping paper. Brandon and I guided his hands as he "pulled open the paper". We sang Happy Birthday quite a few times throughout the day and each time we did, he raised his eyebrows. We bought him a Reese's Peanut Butter ice cream cake and he LOVED it. He opened his mouth real wide for it and kept looking for more. Mike always had a sweet tooth.

It was also nice that he got birthday cards from his Aunt and Uncle in Mississippi and his other Aunt and Uncle in Connecticut. I read each one to him hoping that he would understand. I think he did.

Happy Birthday Mike. I pray that you will have many more.

No comments: