Thursday, May 5, 2011

Update

It's been a few days and thankfully no fevers (although I hate to jinx anything). Mike's sores have good days and bad and today, the one on his bottom is not good. I assume at this point they will never go away, it will just be a question of trying to keep them "at bay". What makes it so difficult is there is not one side of his body that doesn not have one, so no matter how we position him, he will be resting on a sore. I just don't know how he deals with this every day.
Brandon left this morning for his senior trip to Disney. I had to wake up at 3 a.m. to get him to his school. This meant that my brother had to get up early also, so he could stay downstairs and listen for Mike while I was gone. This is an example of the little plans that most people take for granted. I just hope Brandon is smart with his sunscreen - his pale Irish skin and the strong Florida sun have never gotten along. The ankle he did NOT have surgery on has been rolling on him, so he took his brace and we all hope he makes it through without any mishaps.
Brandon also chose his college for September..... Quinnipiac University in Connecticut. It's about 2 hours away, but it offered him the best scholarship. Not only will he get the scholarship for 4 years, but as long as he maintains a 3.0 average, that scholarship will carry over into the graduate program which he will need for physical therapy. I know I will have issues when he goes away. He's the baby and I won't have anymore at home with me....at least for now.
Courtney will be finishing up her second year of college (her first at Fordham) and she has done very well. I am EXTREMELY proud of both of them.

No comments: