Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Brandon!

Today is Brandon's 18th Birthday! I just can't believe how fast time has flown by. I had gotten complimentray tickets to the Yankee/Red Sox game tonight so Brandon and his three friends went. Little does he realize, but I requested that they "announce" his birthday on the scoreboard. I can't wait to hear what he sayd (Courtney reached out to his one friend to make sure Brandon is in his seat and paying attention to the scoreboard at the appropriate inning). I wish I could see his face.
Unfortunately, Mike's one sore looks terrible...it's gotten bigger and deeper. It was so bad today, I couldn't even clean and dress it...Courtney offered to do it and I let her (if I absolutely HAD to do it I would, but I was gagging just looking at it). Bed sores were my biggest fear because I knew I was going to have issues with them. I have done so much for Mike and have seen so many gross things over the years, but this is way beyond that. For some reason, neither Courtney nor Brandon have any problems with it. I guess they inherited Mike's stomach for all things gross. I am SO thanful for their help.

No comments: